You’re here because you’re ready…
… change your narrative.
… to see your vision come to life.
… to build a wildly profitable business
So you can make your mark and live the life you know you’re meant to live.
The only problem is that from where you are, it all seems so far away because you
- can’t seem to find advice that works for YOU and YOUR vision.
- No matter what and how much you do, you feel like you’re going nowhere.
- You can’t seem to convey what you do in a way that attracts and captivates your audience.
Well, lucky for you, you’re in the right place because…
I can help you do ALL OF THAT.
As a connection specialist and conversion copywriter, I help small business owners establish connections with their audience, and communicate with them using words that resonate, and ultimately build a vision-based business with personalized strategy.
I’m Violeta Potter. And I’m happy you’re here. Because I want nothing more that to help you build the life and business you desire.
Now you might be wondering, Is this woman legit? Well, my first sales page generated 100 sales in 10 days. And another got a client 5 new clients in 24 hours. My business advice has helped people more than double their list in one month and have their highest earning months to date. And all from a mere 15 minute strategy call with me. (Want in on this?)
But on the real, I’ve been in the business of communication and building relationships for the past 10 years.
I graduated from UCLA with a degree in Comparative Literature. Which is a fancy way of saying studying the language and culture of two different languages. While I was there, I became the Editor-in-Chief of a LaGente Newsmagazine, a latino special interest publication with distribution in the greater Los Angeles area.
Little did I know that running a magazine would change my life forever. Not only did it put me in a leadership position that made me a highly sought after recruit for programs like Teach For America, it have me the taste for entrepreneurship. There’s nothing like having ultimate creative and administrative control of a project like giving you the taste for being a boss and leader. (I mean, I had a staff of 30 people!)
But once I graduated, I had no idea how to turn what I learned into my own venture and despite my poor attempts, I was ultimately too scared to put myself out there. So I wasted two years daydreaming big and executing very little. Needless to say I felt like a failure.
So I did what anyone would do (not!), and became a teacher for Teach For America, in one of the most violent, and poor cities in the country, Gary, IN.
And it changed my life.
All I have to say is that if you can convince a teenager with enormous trusts issues and a rough life to buy into your vision and follow your agenda, you’ve got to have some mad-sick persuasion skills. Amiright?!
Haha…it was all about building relationships.
Starting from sharing your personal experience, to showing them that you care, and being very consistent with what they can expect from you.
Same as in marketing. (See what I did there?)It’s ALL about making a connection and establishing a relationship. Click To Tweet
And maintaining it carefully and with consistency.
And I’m here to show you how to do that.
Whether it’s clearing your old baggage to make space for new relationships, figuring out how to build a business that not only connects with your audience but also leave you room to live the life you want, or finding exactly who you should be trying to talk to and how to attract them, I am here to help.
And I will give everything I can to give you the help YOU need for YOUR business. Because if there’s one thing I’m tired of, is people selling their offerings as one size fits all solutions, when they’re anything but.
Here’s how you can work with me….
Oh you’re still here, heh?
You’re probably thinking, hmm, this girl seems like the real deal, but could I work with her without wanting to pull her hair out? Yeah, I feel you. So here’s some deets about me so you can decide if I’m the right person to help you on your journey….
The fun facts…
- I don’t have a license and never have. I’m kinda afraid of being in vehicles and am working on clearing these fears…
- I was born in Mexico
- I started my post high-school education in art school studying fashion design
- I can’t tell left and right. And, no, that L trick doesn’t work all the time. I have weird spacial perception.
- My baby (I have to put my baby first because I don’t want to scar my kid, but if I didn’t have him, the next thing would be first. Shhhhh….)
- Chicken. Especially of the wing variety and covered in spicy buffalo sauce or Mo’Fo Sauce from Three Wise Men Brewery
- Oh yeah! My husband, too. (I’m kidding, of course, he goes at the top of the list too. I just think it’s funny)
- Red lipstick.
- Coffeeeeee….especially espresso drinks.
My Food…(yeah…it deserves its own category)
- Yes, I looooooove eating. There’s nothing like food to gather around and experience with loved ones)
- Juicy, and crisp dry aged rib eye steak.
- Chicken wings. Bone-in, of course. I love to work at it! (Yes they get mentioned twice…)
- Freshly made sourdough bread. (See Hobbies)
- Dark Chocolatea Brownies, Tiramisu, and, Chocolate Cake with Mocha Buttercream.
- Pasture butter and eggs from pasture-raised chickens. They make a huuuuuge difference.
- All the foods, really. EXCEPT for Shredded Coconut. Why does it exists?!
(I tell you all this for when you wanna send me a present. 😉
- Making sourdough bread
- Doing house projects (I grew up playing in my dad’s master carpentry shop)
- Reading news, and researching anything like my life depends on it. I love research. I love reading.
- Learning about food and eating healthily and in ways that make my body feel good (which right now is high fat, moderate protein, and lower carb)
- Learning how to parent my child in ways that encourage exploration
What I’m about
I’m a no nonsense boss.
I care about being super intentional.
I’ll tell you when you’ve got spinach in your teeth.
I’m an avid reader of nonfiction.
I believe in critical thinking.
Personal ownership and taking the leap and saying fuck it!
What’s the worst that could happen, right?